Game Rating Board
From Retro CDN
The Game Rating Board (GRB, 게임물등급위원회) is the South Korean video game content rating board. A governmental organization, the GRB rates video and computer games to inform customers of the nature of game contents.
Initially, the Korea Media Rating Board, a governmental organization, rated video and computer games just like other entertainment media. However, a controversy occurred because the Korea Media Rating Board rated a gambling game called Sea Story as if it were suitable for everyone, allegedly due to a bribe. The Korean government got through the controversy by creating the GRB in 2006; it is now the only rating organization for video games.
Four rating are used by GRB:
PC, console, online and mobile games use all ratings, but arcade games use only 'All' and 'Teenager restricted'.
- Australia - Office of Film and Literature Classification
- Brazil - Department of Justice, Rating, Titles and Qualification
- Europe (excluding Germany) - Pan European Game Information
- Germany - Voluntary Monitoring Organisation of Entertainment Software
- Japan - Computer Entertainment Rating Organization
- United Kingdom - British Board of Film Classification
- United States - Entertainment Software Rating Board